SQL DDL – Create Table – Basics — Sue Romano
- Create schema
- Difference between schema and library
- SQL Table versus DDS Described physical file
- CREATE OR REPLACE TABLE
- SQL Data Types
- NULL Values / Default Values
- Identity Column
- Primary and Unique Key Constraints
- INSERT data into table (revisit INSERT session 4)
- ACS schemas
- Show content of schema
- Show definition of table
- Reverse Engineering (Retrieving the SQL Code for a database object)
- Modifying an existing Table (ALTER TABLE / CREATE OR REPLACE).
Sue Romano is a technical leader on the Db2 for i development team and has worked on the SQL parser for almost 30 years. She is involved in designing and implementing SQL enhancements and defines new SQL services. Sue represents Db2 for i on IBM’s SQL Language Council, which ensures consistent SQL implementation across the Db2 family.